ON DUTY CITIZEN
1) What are some “big kid” activities you love to do that keeps you youthful?
Some activities I do that keeps me youthful are playing pick up basketball once a month and doing dance classes at Banana Skirt. They teach you choreography from the latest hip hop songs, it’s so much fun!
2) Beyond modeling, what are some cool projects, hobbies or side hustles you’re working on?
I just started working with the co-founders, Emily and Chary, of The Cnnekt to help plan their curated events in the city.
3) Part of what’s so great about being a model is having a following on social media. What are some important messages you try to pass on to your followers?
I don’t necessarily vocalize particular messages but what I do try to do is be as genuine and truthful as possible with my followers. For example, when I was studying in Montreal I showed my followers that modeling isn’t my only passion. -It's so nice we have social media to show the world what else makes us special. I think a lot of people assume we all just model and that's it so I'm sure your followers appreciate seeing all sides:)
4) You’re flying to a new city for a couple days of work. It’s a short trip- what are you packing?
The top three things I would need to pack are my travel-sized hair products, workout clothes, and reusable water bottle so I can stay hydrated on my flight.
5) The fashion industry is quite wasteful, yet some companies and brands are trying to make a difference. Whether it’s a clean beauty brand or an ethical/sustainable company, do you have any favorites that stick out?
I really like Glossier because their products are cruelty free and they don’t irritate my skin. My favorite product is their stretch concealer.
6) What are some of your go-to self-care rituals?
I enjoy face-timing friends and family on my days off. New York can become a little overwhelming at times and my friends in the city are always on the go. So it’s nice to take a minute every once and a while to stop and talk to friends and family who are far away. -Agreed! <3